How do you get the wire inside the chandelier? Very carefully! Trade secret! Basically we have to drill it out with a very long drill bit. It is very time consuming.
Where do your antlers come from?
We buy our antlers by the pound. There is a dealer market who buy and sells antlers. Most of our local antler is sold and shipped to Asia. They grind antler up and use it for medicinal purposes.
Can you use my own antlers to make me something?
Yes, sometimes. It takes a large selections of antlers to find ones that fit together perfectly. I will incorporate your personal antlers if at all possible, or give your credit towards the purchase price.
Can you pick up antlers in National Forests? Yes you can, but you need to check with your local ranger office for rules, permits, and regulations to ensure your compliant with the law.
Will an antler chandelier turn white chalky in the house? No. What turns antler chalky white is sunlight and water. It is not exposed to water in your house and we put a protective sealer on the antler to prevent sunlight damage, your chandelier will last you a life time.
What are the different types of antler:
- White Tail Deer antlers are very dense. They have a very sharp bend in them and are usually lighter in color. Chandeliers made with white tail will be very thick and heavy. We do not build very large chandeliers out of them and they become very expensive rather quickly. Average length is about 1 foot. North American Native.
- Mule Deer antlers are the most common deer antlers you will see. They are brown in color. They have a slight curve in them, but are much straighter than white tail. Chandeliers can be built to be much larger in size with mule deer antlers. This is the best all-purpose antler to work with. Average length is about 2 feet. North American Native.
- Fallow Deer antlers are a European import from Spain. They are very dark brown in color and are palmated. Many people think of them as small moose. Their deep rich color and flowing palmation make a very elegant piece. Average length is about 2.5 feet.
- Elk antlers are another very common antler used for chandeliers. They are brownish red in color and are very long and straight. A large Elk antler can average around 5 feet long. Small Elk antler can be around 2.5 feet long. A great antler for large chandeliers. North American Native.
- Moose antlers are also very dense. I have seen many carvings out of moose antler that have been polished up to look like ivory. Moose is naturally a large, dark brown antler. A large moose antler can be about 3 foot by 3 foot in size. This makes very large chandeliers. North American Native.
What makes you different from the competition?
- We use real antlers! Some of the other companies use fabricated plastic antlers. Each antler is uniquely different which makes every chandelier unique.
- The quick, cheap & ugly competition companies glue wires along the top of the antler. We run all the wiring inside, so all you see is the natural beauty of the antler.
- Some companies use a junction box in the center of their chandeliers. They drill a short ways into the antler and then wire nut a junction in the center of the chandelier. Then they pack that junction with bondo or wood filler to cover it up. Again, this is very noticeable and takes away from the natural beauty of the piece.
- Our products are tested in our facilities to meet all UL requirements (1598 Standard) for safety. This guaranties the safety and quality of our product.